Like Moses, I did not enter the ordained ministry until my third career. During my travels I continue to encounter many diverse and interesting characters who enriched my life.
Highlights of my wanderings include:
- Bachelor of Science with majors in Physics and Natural Sciences from Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- First Career – Lieutenant, US Navy:
- Nuclear Physics instructor
- Reactor Controls Division Officer on a US Navy submarine.
- Second Career – Sonar Systems Engineer:
- Wrote specifications, test procedures, technical presentations, and reports to support the design of US Navy sonar systems.
- Ordained as a Presbyterian Deacon and later as an Elder.
- Third Career – Minister of Word and Sacrament
- Master of Divinity from Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Solo Pastor of a small congregation in western Pennsylvania.
- Interim Pastor of two small congregations in southern Indiana.
- Supply preacher, supplemented by writing technical reports, test procedures, and proposals along with some acoustic and laser engineering.
- Moderator, Synod of Lincoln Trails.
- Currently guiding Christ Presbyterian Church, in northwestern Indiana, through a period of intentional growth and development, as their pastor.