A quick nutritious meal.
Makes 2 servings. Preparation time ~25 minutes.
|1 1/2 cups||water|
|3/4 cup||long grain rice|
|1 tsp||olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||canola oil|
|1/2 cup||carrots, cut into short, thin sticks|
|1 medium||zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced|
|1||red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 tsp||lemon pepper|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 tsp||powdered ginger|
|3||green onions, chopped|
|4 ounces||baby spinach leaves|
- Bring 1 and 1/2 cups water to boil. Stir in salt, olive oil and rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat large frying pan then add canola oil.
- Saute carrots and zucchini for five minutes before adding red pepper.
- Stir flour into 1/4 cup of water until smooth. Then stir in lemon pepper, garlic powder, and powdered ginger.
- When vegetables are soft stir in shrimp.
- When shrimp begins to become opaque stir in sauce.
- Add spinach and cover for 2 minutes, then fold wilted spinach into vegetables.
- Serve promptly over rice.