The filling can be prepared while the pasta cooks. Chop the vegetables while waiting for the water to boil then mince the parsley and whip the eggs while the vegetables steam.
Serves: 4 – 6
Preparation: 15 minutes;
Bake for 50 minutes;
Ready in 65 minutes.
||whole wheat vermicelli or thin spaghetti
||broccoli flowers, chopped
||bell pepper, chopped
||Swiss cheese, shredded
||Parmesan cheese, grated
||milk and/or cream
||parsley leaves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Steam vegetables for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Spray 10″ pie plate with oil.
- Press cooked pasta into pie plate forming a thick crust.
- Toss vegetables with cheeses then pour into crust.
- Beat eggs, milk, and parsley until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables .
- Place sliced tomatoes on top.
- Bake at 350 F for ~45 minutes until knife comes out dry and crust is golden.