At last waffles that are full of fiber, fluffy, and springy.
15 minutes to prepare batter
plus ~8 minutes to cook each batch.
|1 1/2 cup||skim milk|
|3/4 cup||quick cooking oats|
|1/2 cup||whole wheat flour|
|1 tbl||baking powder|
|1/3 cup||salad oil|
- Heat milk then combine with oats in food processor. Let stand.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites and sugar until stiff.
- To oats and milk add flour, baking soda, salt, and oil. Puree until smooth.
- Fold oat batter into eggs.
- Spray oil onto hot griddle. Scoop batter onto griddle. Cook until golden (~8 minutes/batch). Serve and eat while hot.