Full of flavor yet still high in fiber with no fat!
Whipping the egg whites keeps this version light and fluffy.
|1½ cup||skim milk|
|¾ cup||quick cooking oats|
|½ cup||whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|½ tsp||cinnamon (optional)|
- Heat milk then combine with oats in food processor. Let stand.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites and sugar until stiff.
- To oats and milk add flour, baking soda, salt. Puree until smooth.
- Fold oat batter into eggs.
- Spray oil onto hot griddle. Scoop batter onto griddle forming ~6 inch circles. Turn when bubbles form and edges dry. Cook until second side is golden.